Nursing is the largest licensed professional group in the State, with hundreds of nurses living in each of the 59 Senate Districts in Illinois. Nursing is the most trusted profession, and has held that title for many years.
It is now time to take advantage of the TRUST by making nursing’s voice heard in each and every part of the State!
The Plan: Involve all nursing organizations, get input from nurses across the state and deepen our ties with our legislators.
The Purpose: To coordinate working together to create one voice of nursing, supporting priorities, while at the same time, maintaining separate identity.
APRN RULES- 2nd POSTing
- Per the Flinn Report – the APRN Rules were moved to Second Notice this week, commencing the JCAR review period. These rulemakings will be considered at the May 14, 2019 JCAR meeting.
- Next steps, after the rules are adopted IDFPR will need to release the attestation form and determine the date on which the new license will be available. STAY TUNED!
Nurse Licensure Compact
- Increases access to care
- Maintains public protection in Illinois
- Ability to practice in other NLC states, without having to obtain additional licenses.
- 34 states currently belong to the NLC.
Illinois General Assembly Dashboard
Interested in what is happening in Springfield? The Illinois General Assembly Dashboard is an easy way to find out about what is happening in Springfield on a given day.