Modern health care delivery requires that nursing care, today and in the future, be dynamic and fluid across state boundaries. However, the 100 year-old model of nurse licensure is not flexible, adaptable nor nimble enough to best meet this need. The solution is the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) which increases access to care while maintaining public protection at the state level. Under the NLC, nurses are able to provide care to patients located across the country, without having to obtain additional licenses.
- Enabling nurses to practice in-person or provide telenursing services to patients located across the country without having to obtain additional licenses.
- Allowing nurses to quickly cross state borders and provide vital services in the event of a disaster.
- Facilitating telenursing and online nursing education.
- Making practicing across state borders affordable and convenient.
- Removing a burdensome expense for organizations that employ nurses and may share the cost of multiple licenses.
The enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact provides a multistate license that allows nurses to practice and communicate with patients across state lines–both physically and electronically.
Send a letter to your legislator to let him or her know that you support the NLC!